As Friends of Iowa Women Prisoners we:
Seek to educate ourselves and others about issues related to incarceration of women in Iowa and how we can contribute to positive outcomes.
- Programming leading to good physical and mental health of incarcerated women,
- Programming leading to rehabilitation,
- Programming leading to successful re-entry,
- Legislative budgets providing adequate funds for such programming, and
- Increased use of community-based corrections for women convicted of non-violent crimes.
Keep informed of proposed legislation impacting Iowa women prisoners and encourage Friends to contact their legislators.
Award scholarships allowing women to take college credit classes while incarcerated.
Provide speakers to church and community groups interested in learning about our work on behalf of incarcerated women.