MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Wesley United Methodist Church
800 E. 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50316-4304
Brown bag lunch
CALL TO ORDER AND GROUP INTRODUCTIONS:
READING OF LAST MONTH’S MEETING MINUTES AND APPROVE:
OFFICER COMMITTEE REPORTS:
Chairman: Kirk Nesset
Treasurer: Maryls Hocker
Scholarship Report: Joyce Knock
Secretary: Open Position
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: N/A
- Monthly data from ICIW
- 658 as of 9/15/17. Of those, 120 are MLO
- 85 released – August 2017. 72 admitted – August 2017
- Average length of stay per Statewide Recidivism Reduction gap analysis – 4.5 months.
- Subcommittee meeting is going to form with agencies and correctional facilities with a focus on reentry. The goal for this group is to start meeting in November.
- Signup sheet will be available for individuals interested in helping at the prison library. We will start providing coverage in November.
Volunteer needs continue to be for Library staffing. Sign up sheet will be available for individuals to start filling in. Our groups focus is on Thursday afternoons.
This month our guest is Jamie Stevens from the Programs department at the Polk County Jail. She will be discussing the department and opportunities that the inmates have while they are in the county jail.